I recently wandered to a
barbeque sauce website, that offered me free access to
online cooking school! They said that they want me to have good experiences using their barbeque sauce, so they will invest in my cooking knowledge. I accepted their offer, and I've got to say, I'm really impressed. Rouxbe (pronounced "ruby") seems to go through a classic culinary education step by step, starting with knife skills and making stock and moving on to everything you can imagine. I've already learned about mirepoix, and soon I'll go on to roux! They have informative videos, tons and tons of interesting recipes, and helpful discussions. I must confess that I have been too lazy/tired to put any of their lessons into practice (plus, my chef's knife is crap and that's a hindrance...), but I have really enjoyed increasing my theoretical knowledge.
I managed to get a 90 day membership for free through the barbeque sauce company. Now that I look at their website, it seems that they are only offering 14 day memberships - but that still seems to be double the free trial offered by Rouxbe themselves. If you'll have some free time over the next few weeks, I'd highly recommend checking it out!
Thanks, Cattle Boyz! You're the bestest!
No comments:
Post a Comment