Friday, October 15, 2010

Easy smoothies

If I ever have too much milk on hand that I need to use up, I really like to throw together a smoothie in my magic bullet. All you need to do is put in a couple of spoonfuls of frozen juice concentrate, fill the magic bullet cup to about 2/3 full with milk and then add icecubes and blend until smooth. It's an easy recipie to experiment with too. Add some fruit, vegetables or vanilla for some extra flavour, or some sugar to make it sweeter.

Our family originally got this idea from an "Orange Julius" recipie in a cookbook (not a real orange julius, though). Before this monumentous occasion, I would have never thought of combining milk with fruit juice concentrate, but it's amazing how many flavours blend well with milk.

1 comment:

  1. Smoothies are one of my favorite things to make in my magic bullet too, but we do it differently. We put in fresh fruit (a banana, half a peach, some strawberries, and maybe some blackberries or raspberries), several scoops of yogurt, and some juice. I blend all that together and then add some ice cubes. It's really good - even better than Booster Juice, I think. And it encourages me to buy and consume fruit.

    ReplyDelete